A forum for Ryan Sheckler fans.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Yahoo Interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Admin

PostSubject: Yahoo Interview   Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:31 am

What do you think of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground?
The new game is insane. It's way crazier than all of the other ones because you can create your own character and create your own area to skate and do all of that stuff. That's pretty awesome to me. And the fact that he's put me in another one of his games is awesome. I think this is the fourth one I've been in. It's great that he keeps including me in them. They're fun.

What's it like to play as yourself in these games?
It's crazy. I've only played as myself a couple of times but it's kind of weird playing as my own character on TV.

What are your thoughts about next generation consoles like Xbox 360?
It feels real. If you look at the game and watch the way the skateboarders do their crazy tricks, it's just like real skateboarding. You look at it and say, Wow, that character actually has style, that's crazy. They really put a lot of attention to detail to get real skateboarding and real skateboarding tricks into the game. It becomes more and more realistic with each new game.

My friends play videogames and whenever I go over to their houses they make me play Tony Hawk and have me jumping off of buildings and landing on my head in the game.

What role do the Tony Hawk games play amongst the pro skaters these days?
I play a lot of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Most of my friends play videogames and whenever I go over to their houses they make me play Tony Hawk and have me jumping off of buildings and landing on my head in the game. It's pretty funny.

Are you good at Tony Hawk's Proving Ground?
I can play the game, definitely. I used to play a lot of games a couple of years back and used to play the early Tony Hawk games a lot. But over the past couple of years I've kind of put the controllers down a little bit more and picked up the skateboard more.

Have you ever given Tony or Activision any input into the games?
There are different skateboarding styles or stances that I've suggested to them in the past, but they do a good job on their own.

What do you like about Guitar Hero?
Guitar Hero II is just insane. We play it on Xbox 360 every day. We usually log more hours on Guitar Hero than any game I've ever played. It's so much fun it's crazy.

So you're good. Do you have favorite songs?
I like to play Sweet Child of Mine. Guitar Hero II is packed with insane songs and Guitar Hero III is coming out soon and that has even more songs.

I heard you got a chance to play Guitar Hero III, what's that game like?
I tested it out at a Red Bull Party at the last Dew Tour stop and it's insane, dude. It's so crazy. When you play multiplayer, you have challenges that you have to do on each side. When you get a certain amount of notes or hit a certain key you mess with your opponent. When you do the whammy and all of a sudden their notes disappear or appear backwards, which makes it a lot more fun.

What level do you play in that game?
Hard.

What other games do you like to play?
My friends and I have played all of the Call of Duty games. We played Call of Duty 3 forever. We also like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08.

What's it like to have your own TV show on MTV with "Life of Ryan"?
It's a different feeling, man. It's hard to explain. It's fun to be able to go on MTV and see yourself on a show and have people look up to you and have people want to meet you. It's a good feeling.

What's it like having those cameras following you around all the time?
You know, it's not that hard to deal with. I've dealt with it my whole life with skating and everything, so it's not that different.

Do you get to play games much on the TV show?
Oh yeah, Guitar Hero all day.

Outside of gaming and skating, what else do you like to do for fun?
I like to go to the beach with my friends and go to movies. I like doing normal teenage things.

Do you find yourself being recognized now because of the MTV show?
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I can't go anywhere without someone telling me how much they like the show or something. It's crazy.

What are your thoughts about skateboarding in the Olympics?
I think it's good. I think it's a step forward. I think it's a positive move for skateboarding and I think we need it.

How do you balance the rebellious counterculture movement of skateboarding with the mainstream success that The X-Games and other venues have given the sport?
I don't really worry about balancing. I just skateboard and whatever happens happens. People can hate and talk down on me for supposedly selling out or whatever, but it's all skateboarding. The sport is growing and moving forward.

When you look ahead at your life, what are your plans for the future?
I want to run my own company one day. We have a lot of plans in the works for different lines of companies that we're going to start. I just want to be a businessman and a skateboarder and have a fun life.

Is Tony Hawk someone you want to emulate since he has been successful as a businessman, pro skater and even a game maker?
Yeah, definitely. Tony's a great person to look up to and a great mentor. He's got a crazy business ethic. He works so hard and he's so dialed into different businesses. It's good to have a role model like that and follow his steps.

Have you ever played videogames with Tony?
No, but I hear he's really good.
He helps them make the games, so he has that advantage.
Yeah.

PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Interview   Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:43 am

Thanks for posting, Rachel.
(y)
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Interview   Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 am

No problem.

PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Interview   Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 am

I must disagree with Ryan on one thing though, ahaha, GH3 is for sure better than GH2.
The songs are way better, and the graphics of it, too.
:]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yahoo Interview   

Back to top Go down

Yahoo Interview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1